Have you ever waited on hold and wondered how businesses play music to fill up the “dead space” until your call is answered? Well with Utility Telecom’s Voice over IP (VoIP) it’s easy to set up this feature for your business. Music on hold is the business practice of playing recorded music to fill the silence that would be heard by your call when you’re waiting on hold. Although wait times might be short, this feature makes for a more professional waiting experience for current or potential customers. Follow the directions below to learn how to use it. Keep in mind that if you are a customer with Utility Telecom then you will have to be a Business Group Administrator to access this feature.
- Step 1: Select the music on hold link on the left side of the administrator dashboard.
- Step 2: Now you should be able to see the music on hold configuration site.
- Step 3: Select the department that you’d like to update.
- Step 4: Press the edit button in the actions column, and select an audio file to upload.
- Step 5: Customize your music with repeat, play once, the track starting point, and the duration of the track.
Now that you have a professional recording for your business, you can go in and customize other music on hold features. If you need help with recording an intro try having someone from your internal team do a voice over for a personal touch. You can also hire a voice actor with Utility Telecom or another source for a more polished presentation. Make sure that you are using royalty free music to avoid being sued by the artist or label who owns the rights to the track. There are a variety of royalty free music site where you can license music from. Remember that Utility Telecom is only a call away for assistance for any technical support. We are available 24/7/365 at 1.877.965.7800.
← Back to Blog Articles