We are seeking a Managed Services Provider Technician to join our team at Utility Telecom
The Managed Services Technician provides support for Utility Telecomm managed services customers. The Managed Service Technician works to ensure that our customers are receiving the highest possible levels of services and support.
The position proactively monitors and maintains customer technology infrastructure and projects. In addition, the position is responsible for analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving or escalating issues in a reactive manner. Support issues will come to the Managed Service Technician both by customer-initiated support calls and system generated alarms.
The Managed Services Technician reports to the Managed Services Manager and lead Network Engineer.
This position is required to cover a Monday through Friday schedule to include after hours support and on-call including nights and weekends on occasion.
- Ensure that our customers’ IT needs are being satisfied with an intense focus on customer service.
- Create trouble tickets from incoming customer emails, calls or alarms in a Service Desk Support environment.
- Monitor customer network, server workloads and backups using remote management and monitoring tools.
- Troubleshoot and remediate technology issues within the customer’s environment.
- Perform routine maintenance and configuration duties within Utility Telecom’s suite of services.
- Cooperatively test and work with external vendors, partners and other departments to troubleshoot and support managed services clients.
- Stay current with IT technologies that pertain to Utility Telecomm products and services.
- Other MSP projects as assigned by Utility Telecomm Management.
- Detail-oriented with good troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Hands-on experience with Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016.
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN and TCP/IP technologies.
- Familiarity with other services such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VPN.
- Familiarity with backups, retention concepts and disaster recovery,
- Experience with Virtualization such as Hyper-V and VMware solutions.
A+ Certifications or a B.S. in Computer Science or related field is a plus but not required.
2 or more years’ experience administering or supporting Microsoft servers and applications in an SMB or enterprise setting is preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
This position operates in an office environment and ability to go onsite and work at a computer for an extended period of time.
Valid, active driver’s license with a good driving record as defined by the Company’s current insurance provider.
All Utility Telecomm employees will comply with Information Security policies to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of customer data. All employees are responsible to ensure actions comply with state and federal regulations and requirements.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a match. If you are looking to be part of a dynamic team, please apply now.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- administering or supporting Microsoft Workstations and Servers: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as coffee and positive work environment